23RD WONCA Europe Conference
To submit abstract you need to register to the Conference through Coffee System.
Please notice that there is no need to pay conference fee before your abstract is qualified for presentation.
A. GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACTS FOR PRESENTATIONS AND WORKSHOPS:
Event organizer — Stowarzyszenie Kolegium Lekarzy Rodzinnych (College of Family Physicians in Poland) with its registered office in Warsaw, address: 00-209 Warsaw, ul. Muranowska 1, NIP [Tax ID No.] 525-20-63-698, REGON [Company ID No.] 01003798100000, entered in the register of associations under No. KRS 0000088917.
- All abstracts need to be submitted through the online registration software, so Authors are kindly requested to submit abstracts through this website only.
- Abstract submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- The Conference participant has the right to submit a maximum of 4 abstracts.
- All abstracts need to be submitted and presented in English.
- Please pay attention to correct spelling, as there will be no subsequent proof reading/corrections-the abstracts will be published exactly as submitted.
- Do not enter references.
- Avoid the use of symbols.
- Maximum length: 1800 characters (incl. spaces).
- Title: maximum 300 characters (incl. spaces).
- Changes to the abstracts are possible until the November 30th 2017 by re-entering the "list of my abstracts" button in your account.
- Only "saved" but NOT "submitted" abstracts can be modified. Please click on your abstract and make the necessary changes.
- Standard abbreviations are accepted in the text; unusual ones must be mentioned in brackets when used for the first time.
- Do not enter names of authors or affiliations in the abstract template, as your abstract needs to remain unidentifiable to the reviewers.
- While submitting abstracts online, authors need to indicate the preferred form of the presentation: oral, poster or workshop. However, as only a limited number of oral presentations and workshops can be accepted, authors may be asked to change or alter their proposal.
- Presentations will be considered for oral or poster presentation.
- Oral presentations are 10 minutes, with 5 minutes of discussion time.
- Posters are presented in moderated poster sessions.
- Workshops are considered for dedicated sessions of one and a half hours. If not accepted, the local Organising Committee may decide to invite some individual presentations in the workshop/seminar for poster or oral presentations.
- Authors (submitting person and/or a presenter) whose abstracts are accepted for presentation must register for the WONCA Conference and pay the registration fees no later than April 30th 2018.
- If the person presenting the abstract will be different than the person who is declared during the abstract submission through the online registration software, the duty of paying the proper fees lies with the both above-mentioned people.
- A person sending an abstract declares that:
- if he/she is a co-author of an abstract, he/she has acquired the authorization of all co-authors of a given abstract, necessary to conclude a contract with the Organizer under the conditions specified in these terms and conditions, and that all co-authors declare to know and fully accept these terms and conditions,
- he/she shall be entitled to the copyrights with regard to the abstract from the moment of sending it, to the extent necessary to fulfill the obligations included in these terms and conditions. The abstract shall be free of legal defects, in particular third parties shall not be burdened by the author’s economic rights.
- A person sending an abstract (or its modifications) hereby grants to the Organizer an implicit, territorially-unlimited right to use an abstract, in particular in connection with information and promotion of WONCA Conference and the Organizer or its services, in the following fields:
- consolidation or multiplication of an abstract or its fragments, with the use of all known techniques,
- placing on the market, including on the Internet,
- dissemination of an abstract or its fragments, also on the Internet, including making them available to the public in such a way that everyone has an access to them from a place and at at time individually chosen by them, including on the Internet – on the Organizer’s or other entities’ websites. The Organizer is entitled to choose fragments to make public in this way,
- rental, lending.
- The Organizer is entitled to exercise derivative rights with regard to an abstract, i.e. to create derivative works, use and manage them, and to allow further exercise of derivative rights by third parties. The Organizer is entitled to exercise or allow the exercise of derivative rights within the fields enumerated in these terms and conditions, in whole or in part.
- The Organizer can grant sub-license within the scope of activities described in these terms and conditions.
- Upon the moment of handing over an abstract, the Organizer acquires ownership of a medium on which the abstract was recorded.
- A person sending an abstract commits itself and warrants that none of the authors shall exercise moral rights with regard to an abstract and he/she authorizes the Organizer or people specified by it to exercise these rights.
- If granting of this license infringes the copyrights of third parties, a person sending an abstract is obliged to free the Organizer from responsibility and to reimburse it with the costs connected with defending or settling claims.
- If a person sending an abstract, despite a statement submitted by him/her, was not granted authorization by other co-authors, which is necessary to conclude this agreement, he/she shall be obliged to compensate to the Organizer for the damage resulting from such an untruthful statement.
B. EVALUATION PROCEDURE:
- All submitted abstracts will be peer-reviewed by the International Scientific Committee.
- Each abstract will be reviewed by the reviewers according to the following criteria:
- Is the abstract relevant with the mainstream of the 23rd WONCA Europe Conference “Family Medicine: Quality, Efficiency, Equity”
- Is the aim or purpose clear?
- Are the design and/or the method are appropriate?
- Could the results be implemented into primary care practice?
- Are the conclusions based on the results and consistent with the aims or purposes?
- Is the work innovative (concerning aims or topics or methods)?
- Is the content relevant to the themes of the conference?
- The Organizer reserves the right to choose and publish the abstracts which will be presented during the 23rd WONCA Europe Conference, Krakow 2018.
- The final decision on the selection of abstracts lies with the Scientific Committee of the Conference and will be announced to the abstract's senders.
- Confirmation of acceptance or rejection by the Scientific Committee will be e-mailed to the corresponding authors in February 2018 (exact date will be announced later).
- The Organizer reserves the right to choose a few oral presentations, workshops or posters submitted to the conference and give them distinctions.
- The Organizer reserves the right to choose one of the submitted posters and, after a prior consultation with its author, re-qualify it to the so-called 5-minute presentations.
C. LAY-OUT FOR ABSTRACTS ON FOR 23rd WONCA Conference “Family Medicine: Quality, Efficiency, Equity” Krakow 2018
- Author(s) and Institution(s): fill in the name of the presenting author: select degree and type the full first name before the last name. Please do not forget to indicate which author must be considered as the presenting and corresponding author. For all the authors please fill in the appropriate affiliation (institution, department, and country). If all affiliations are from the same country, you may use "select from the list" option, in order to copy data.
- Categories: please select exactly 1 checkbox from the list of topics which best corresponds to the content of your abstract.
- Abstract title: be brief and avoid subtitles if possible. Do not use capital letters. Do NOT use abbreviations or acronyms in the abstract title.
- Abstract text: the abstract is meant to obviously contribute to advance knowledge in the field of Primary Health Care, briefly stating: Aim(s) and background; Material & method; Results; Conclusions.
- Abstract aim(s) and background: describe the background and indicate purpose of the study or hypothesis tested or aim of the workshop.
- Abstract material and methods: describe the study design, setting (such as community, clinic, hospital), study participants, analytic and/or intervention techniques and outcomes or workshop organization.
- Abstract results: present as clearly as possible study outcomes and the major quantitative and qualitative findings, accompanied by confidence intervals or levels of significance of statistical tests, as appropriate - or expected results (learning objectives) of the workshop.
- Abstract Conclusions: briefly discuss data and emphasize significance of the results or impact of the workshop for daily practice. State only those conclusions that are directly supported by data. As far as possible, highlight the magnitude of the family medicine impact by reporting on process of outcome indicators (such as number of persons treated by an intervention programme, amount of increased resources devoted to a prevention activity, evidence of improvements in the functioning of a surveillance system etc.).
- Presentation of abstract: please indicate whether the abstract is for oral, poster presentation or workshop. Oral presentations are 10 minutes with 5 minutes discussion. Workshops are considered for dedicated sessions of one and a half hours.
- Preferred session: select one session the best correlated with your abstract. This will suggest the placement of your presentation in the relevant session; subject to the final decision of the Scientific Committee.
D. HOW TO START ABSTRACT SUBMISSION?
- Log in to your account from the webpage www.woncaeurope2018.com On the opening page, you will be asked to enter your login and password. If you are not a registered user, you must register first and activate your account.
- Once you are logged into your account you have the possibility to submit the abstract. Click on 'Submit new abstract' link on your home page to start your submission procedure. Enter your abstract following the instructions:
- STEP 1 (Abstract details): First, you will see the "abstract details" as far as you not complete the next steps of the abstract submission form, no information will be visible here. Click the "continue" button to move on the next step.
- STEP 2 (Authors and Institutions): You will be asked to provide authors' personal data. Fill in all the fields, including degree, institution, and click on the "add author" button to add the author to the list. His/Her data will be placed on the table titled 'authors' summary'. To add the next author, you must repeat the same procedure. If you want to add yourself as the author, you need only to click on the "add myself as the author" (your data will be filled in, automatically) and accept it clicking on "add author". Remember to indicate the author who will be a presenter. If you need to change any data provided earlier, click on the "edit" button devoted to the particular author. All changes will be saved when you click on "save changes" button. Click the "continue" button to move on the next step.
- STEP 3 (Categories) Select the best key topic which best describes the content of your abstract.
- STEP 4 (Abstract Title & Text): Please fill in the title and the content of your abstract respecting the rules concerning the structure of the abstract. The abstract should contain a structured text divided into 4 parts, each clearly marked with following subheadings: Aims, Material and Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- STEP 5 (Options): You will be asked whether you want to submit an oral or poster presentation or a workshop.
- In order to finish the abstract's edition and to send it at once to the Conference Organizer please click "save and submit abstract" button. Consequently, no further changes in the text of abstract will be possible to make. To finish edition of your abstract and to remain it for further changes (but not send it to the Conference Organizers) click on the "save abstract" button. After that, your abstract will be saved and available at "list of the abstract" panel, and can be still modified. Remember that the saved abstract does not mean 'submitted' to the Conference Organizers. If you are sure that your abstract doesn't need any further changes and is ready to be sent us, you must click on "submit abstract" button. Should you wish to submit one more abstract, please click on the "submit new abstract" button and repeat STEPS 2 to 5.
E. PERSONAL DATA
- Personal data controller: Stowarzyszenie Kolegium Lekarzy Rodzinnych in Poland, based in Warsaw, 1 Muranowska St., NIP 525-20-63-698, REGON 01003798100000, entered into the Register of Associations, under no. KRS 0000088917.
- Any transfer of personal data is voluntary; however, the refusal to give consent for the processing of personal data by the Organizer, in order to implement the agreement specified above with regard to abstracts and licenses, shall make it impossible to conclude and perform this agreement.
- The processing of personal data is based on Article 23 (1) point 3, and point 5 of the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data. Without prejudice to the provisions of point 2 above, the consent for the processing of personal data may be canceled at any time.
- The processing of personal data is allowed to the extent permitted by applicable provisions of law.
- A person whose personal data are processed can at any time:
- have access to the content of his/her data and modify them
- control the processing of personal data, in accordance with Article 32 (1) of the Act on the protection of personal data.
- In order to exercise the rights specified above, a person whose personal data are processed can contact the Administrator via sending correspondence to the address specified in point 1 above.